Birthday Party Terms and Conditions for Children's Museum of South Dakota
1. Access of party room is possible only during the time slelected on the Birthday Party Registation Form.
2. To ensure adequate space and quality guest experience, the number of guests attending your birthday party must remain within the limit of your selected party package. This limit includes both adult and child guests.
3. Cake purchased from a commercial kitchen may be brought into the facility. Any additonal food or beverage items must be catered through Cafe Coteau only. Please indicate catering needs on the front of the Birthday Party Registration Form. Catering requests are required at least two weeks prior to the date of the party.
4. The Children's Museum of South Dakota is not responsible for damages or loss to personal property of the customer or guests which is left on the premises before, during, or after the event.
5. Damages to equipment, property, and/or facility will be charged to the user responsible.
6. Decorations, tape, staples or other items are not allowed on the walls and ceiling. For safety and allergy precautions, latex balloons, pinatas, and confetti are not used. However, Mylar balloons may be added by family members.
7. The Children's Museum of South Dakota is a tobacco and latex free facility.
8. It is the responsibility of the user in charge to convey the terms and conditions to all people involved in the birthday party.
9. Museum safety and security regulations will be enforced. This includes our 1 to 5 (adult/child) ratio within our museum exhibits. Failure to provide the required number of adults will eliminate play time in the museum from your party package.
10. The birthday child and family are included in the maximum guest count for your chosen birthday party package.
11. To hold reservations, full deposit is required upon receipt of the signed birthday party registration form. Deposits are non-refundable. An invoice for the remaining balance will be sent to the user following the birthday party event. Package price includes 9% sales tax. The Children's Museum of South Dakota accepts all major credit cards, cash, or checks.
12. The Birthday Party Registration Form must be submitted at least two weeks prior to you requested party date.
13. The Children's Museum of South Dakota reserves the right to cancel a birthday party. If the Children's Museum of South Dakota cancels, a full refund will be given.
14. Refund/Cancellation Policy - $100 of your full payment is non-refundable, non-transferable deposit/processing fee. The remainder of your party payment is refundable if the Museum is given a minimum of two weeks' notice. If cancellation occurs within two weeks of the party date, no refunds are given due to the loss of another booking. Should you need to reschedule within two weeks prior to the scheduled date, there is a $50 charge for rescheduling the date or time of your party.
15. In Case of Bad Weather - If the Children's Museum of South Dakota is closed due to inclement weather, we will notify the party host by telephone the morning of the party and will refer him/her to the Director of Guest Services for refunds or rescheduling. If we are open and the host prefers not to have the party, we will do our best to reschedule, but no refunds will be given.